At Cordes & Company, our financial and management professionals provide prompt and expert support for businesses and real estate in transition, litigation and distress – as well as their local, regional and national lenders.
One of our primary practice areas is Turnaround and Restructuring Advisory.
The goal for both debtors and creditors in such difficult circumstances is to avoid bankruptcy or foreclosure and the accompanying court-supervised actions.
When working with debtors, our professionals help management reassure creditors and investors by stabilizing a company’s financial and operating performance and by developing and implementing comprehensive plans for profitability. Many of our professionals served as successful senior executives at private and public companies.
When working on behalf of creditors, our professionals provide objective information to guide a creditor’s decision-making process. We analyze a debtor’s financial status, analyze the quality or value of the loan collateral, develop re-capitalization or re-structuring strategies, suggest loan work-out approaches, and provide an independent assessment of the ongoing implementation of agreed-upon actions.
Turnaround and Restructuring Services:
- Accounting support and analysis
- Bankruptcy case assistance
- Bankruptcy examiner
- Bankruptcy trustee
- Board of director representation
- Business plans
- Cash conservation guidelines and controls
- Communication and crisis management
- Cost-reduction initiatives
- Employee incentive and retention plans
- Executive management supervision
- Financial projection review
- Financial report assessment
- Identification and disposition of non-core assets
- Internal and external factor assessment
- Monitoring performance against metrics
- Liquidity assessment
- Management assessment
- Monitoring debtor progress
- Permanent management search assistance
- Pre-bankruptcy plans
- Stabilization of core business operations
Locations in Denver, Colorado; Minneapolis, Minnesota; and Orange County, California